"I WANT TO SUPPORT YOUR EFFORTS IN ANY WAY I CAN. YOUR WORK ETHIC, SUPPORT, AND KNOWLEDGE ARE IMPRESSIVE AND AN INTEGRAL PART OF OF MY LIFE AS A PARENT AND PERSON RIGHT NOW."
IF THE PODCAST MAKES A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR LIFE, IF IT IS SOMETHING YOU LOOK FORWARD TO EACH WEEK, CONSIDER BECOME A PATRON!
Today’s guest is Eric Greene, a father, husband and children’s rights activist. His work through his website, his Facebook group and private consultations focuses on peaceful parenting. As a father of one, his son has inspired him to explore parenting approaches that honor his desire to be the best parent he can be. His goal is to help improve the lives of children by helping parents learn better ways of raising children. Join us!
“Peaceful parenting is not permissive, it’s setting limits and boundaries in a peaceful way.”
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- What is peaceful parenting?
- How applicable is peaceful parenting to parents of more than one child?
- What does “Growing the pause” mean and how do you do it?
- Peaceful parenting as a practice and the need for repetition
- Recognizing peaceful parenting doesn’t change that kids are still kids
- The role of mindfulness in peaceful parenting
- How to be firm and still parent peacefully
- Building resiliency in your kids
- Mindset shifts in peaceful parenting – moving from trying to control your kids’ behavior to trying to control what’s going on within yourself
- The difference between peaceful and permissive parenting
- Practicing no buts” empathy
- Peaceful “parenting practices
- The value of “hugging it out” to find a solution
- Looking for opportunities to share power
- Common struggles among parents trying to parent peacefully
- Traditional gender roles and peaceful parenting
- Supporting your co-parent to parent peacefully
- The importance of self-care and self-compassion in peaceful parenting
- How to take baby steps to positive parenting
What does Joyful Courage mean to you?
“The courage to be joyful. Brene Brown talked about how the most vulnerable state you can be in is joy.That takes courage. It takes courage to be joyful.”
The Intentional Parent Project
Positive Discipline – Jane Nelsen
Where to find Eric:
Peaceful Parenting Community Facebook group
Hippo Roller Haiti Campaign
Join the Joyful Courage community in making a difference for families around the world! We are currently partnered with Hippo Roller Water Project and their mission to bring better access to water for families in Haiti. Every dollar makes a difference!
Join the Joyful CourageTribe in our community Facebook group - Live and Love with Joyful Courage. Raising our children while growing ourselves...
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to the Joyful Courage Podcast on iTunes to get the latest shows STRAIGHT to your device!! AND PLEASE rate and review the Joyful Courage Parenting Podcast on iTunes to help me spread the show to an ever larger audience!!