Join the Joyful Courage Tribe in our community Facebook group - Live and Love with Joyful Courage. Raising our children while growing ourselves...
Dedication: I love you Jessica, Micki, Stephanie and Jennette. Thank you for being my support and my safe harbor through the journey of raising teens.
Solo show! I am digging into my own trenches and what is currently alive in my experience of parenting two adolescent kids. Pulling back the curtain to share what it means to truly pull back the curtain and TRUST the process.
Thanks to our sponsor!! RXBAR – check it out!! Quick and healthy snack for you AND the kids!! Protein bars that are made with 100% whole ingredients – nothing yucky or fake. Get 25% off your first order at www.rxbar.com/joyful and use the coupon code: JOYFUL to get your discount!
- The tension of being a parent educator WHILE IN THE EXPERIENCE of parenting
- Parenting for the long term…
- Keeping in mind brain development
- Mistakes are opportunities for learning
- Everyone should have a voice
- Relationship matters
- Kindness, firmness and trust
- Bumps up against the mainstream idea of reward/punishment model
- My own experience of punishment/consequences as a teen
- Noticing the societal pressure of “she should pay for her mistakes” while also noticing that we have a really good relationship and are exploring her choices together
- All we can do is increase the likelihood that our children will grow to be responsible, respectful members of society
- In the process of learning to make choices, our children will make bad choices
- I know I am not alone in this rub
- We want our children to feel as though we are our safe harbor
- Surrender is so complex… or maybe just the depth is profound
- GRACE: workshop for women through boldlyembodylife.com
- If trust is our intention, then we have to start with trusting ourselves
- We then can evoke trust in our relationships
- Then our teens can lean into trusting themselves (and getting it wrong sometimes)
- The design of the universe is bigger than me, bigger than my child, and we are all going to be okay – might as well trust that God has our back
- Trusting what I don’t know, what I can’t know, what I am still on the path to understanding
- Fear grips the inside of my body, my energy tightens up – shorter breath, tight belly
- “When fear is present, the teacher is in the room.” – Krista Petty Raimer
- Events/ experiences are an invitation for me to evoke what I want more of in my relationship with my daughter
- Neutral/ Think Tree – feeling our feet, grounding into our body, top of our body is open, flexible, available
- Finding neutral is not about the absence of anything, but about the availability of everything (thank you Mary Jo!)
- Neutral allows space for relationship with our children
- The most powerful tool we have for influencing the behavior is the relationship we cultivate and nurture with them.
- Lisa Damour – swimming pool analogy
- There is flow and impermanence to the cycles of connection/disconnection that show up
- Find your people that are going through similar experience and hold a similar parenting style to share raw and vulnerably
- We are practicing all the time – either our auto pilot OR something new and different
- Being intentional allows us to GENERATE more of what we want into our life!
- DAILY INTENTION CARDS – 31 cards for setting a daily intention joyfulcourage.com/intentioncards coupon code: PODCAST for 10% off your first order J
Mother’s Journey to Joyful Courage
PNW FALL TOUR!!
One more in 2017 – Boise, ID November 4th - This is for every mom
For more information, shoot me an email – email@example.com
Or register now at www.joyfulcourage.com/mothersjourney
Coaching with Casey
Are you playing with the idea of one on one coaching? I currently have a few spots available in my schedule and would LOVE to work with you.
Coaching with Casey is a three month commitment. We will explore your vision for parenting and even bigger, how you want to show up for your life. We explore mindset, and how shifts in mindset create big shifts in relationship. And finally, we deep dive into the tools and strategies of Positive Discipline for teaching, modeling and practicing life skills.
Coaching is an investment. If you would like to find out more, and explore the possibility that coaching is a good fit for you, schedule a 20 minute explore call. Click here and we will schedule our call!
Be a Subscriber
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to the Joyful Courage Podcast on iTunes to get the latest shows STRAIGHT to your device!! AND PLEASE rate and review the Joyful Courage Parenting Podcast on iTunes to help me spread the show to an ever larger audience!!
CLICK HERE to watch a video that shows up how to subscribe with your iPhone!