Today’s guest is Jenna Phillips Ballard, a certified personal trainer and life coach for celebrities, previously featured on Dr. Phil and The Doctors. She is on a mission to motivate and inspire leaders to make the world a better place through self-love.
After waking up from a coma in the year 2000, she recovered from brain damage and learned about the power of self-love. Her commitment to recovery depended on how she felt about herself and she realized her purpose was to inspire others to break through their limiting beliefs and create an unforgettable life.
She cofounded Ascension Leadership Academy with her husband and together they have coached hundreds of people into their greatness. She’s also the founder of Unicorn University, an online membership community where women never spend another day of being beige, broken or behaved.
We are discussing emotional intelligence – reframing the stories we tell about the experiences in our life and engaging with our children. Join us!
“I believe that being a parent, being a mom or a dad or a parental figure is the most important job in the entire world because of our world, our planet depends upon how our children today are going to take on that responsibility when they become adults. It’s incredibly important that people get the opportunity to look at their life through a different lens. You can’t change the past, but you can absolutely change the story you tell about your past and that’s how you can re-write history”
What you’ll hear in this episode:
· Compassion as a mindset
· Finding the lesson, learning and opportunity in parenting struggles
· How Fear limits mindset and fulfillment
· Managing Fear and operating in its presence
· Finding our worthiness beneath all the preconceptions we have about ourselves
· Selfishness and setting examples for self care – modeling and cycle breaking
· How to shift your mindset around time, busyness and abundance – reframing how we see time and capacityRef
· Being an interruption to your own thought patterns that don’t move you forward
· How to be a “meaning making machine”
· Reframing typical mom complaints as invitations to conversation
· Reframing as a practice, shifting your mindset around abundance and asking for support to stretch your plate
· How to get out of your own way
What does Joyful Courage mean to you?
Joyful courage means finding the joy and the bliss in any specific circumstance, situation, no matter how scared out of your mind that you are – it’s being courageous, staying in the heart anyways, going for it anyway, because joy is a choice. You get to choose joy.
Where to find Jenna:
Jenna’s FB Live every Thursday night at 7 PST
May giveaway – I’m going to be giving away mantra bracelets – the top 3 sharers of the group will get their pick of mantra bracelets. Find a podcast episode that you love – pick one, share it on social and tag me or Joyful Courage (or send me a screenshot or send a selfie of helping someone subscribe)
Weekly FB Lives are happening!!
Join me every Tuesday at 10am pst on the Joyful Courage FB page to hear about a new Positive Discipline tool that you can begin using ASAP. Even if you are well versed in parenting with PD, you will take a way a renewed commitment and perhaps a deeper understanding of the tool.
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to the Joyful Courage Podcast on iTunes to get the latest shows STRAIGHT to your device!! AND PLEASE rate and review the Joyful Courage Parenting Podcast on iTunes to help me spread the show to an ever larger audience!!
CLICK HERE to watch a video that shows up how to subscribe with your iPhone!