CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE JOYFUL COURAGE NEWSLETTER LIST!
Keep up with the latest podcasts, blogs and offerings :)
Today’s guest is Sheri Gazitt, founder of a company called “Teen Wise” which focuses on teen issues like bullying, perfectionism, stress and friendship issues. She’s a mom of 3 girls in their teens. Join us!
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Navigating your teen’s confusion and search for identity
- The “trying on” process teens go through as they evaluate the pieces that form their identity and how to support it
- The impact of stress, peer pressure and expectations on families
- Definitions of success and challenges when they don’t align
- How to support your daughters through their exploration of true self
- The evolving nature of the “true self”
- Moving our coaching from “Be yourself” to “Figure out who yourself is” and why it’s necessary
- Role modeling values but recognizing your teen may not share your values.
- How not to take your teen’s behavior personally
- The importance of healthy adult relationships
- How to maintain a relationship when your teen is pulling away
- What girls say they need from parents
- Navigating conversations when your child’s confidences reveal a need for outside interventions
- The value of leaving space for teens to have emotions
- Wardrobe and helping our teens navigate a sexualized climate
- How to keep your parenting goals in sight when navigating challenging behaviors
- The power of forgiveness
What does Joyful Courage mean to you?
“It gives me very positive vibes. It means we are happy with ourselves about what challenges we take on and parenting is definitely one of those challenges. It means to be happy and joyful even if we make mistakes, if we fail at something horribly, just to be joyful about the fact that we have that challenge in front of us and we are willing to take it on and give it our all."
Where to find Sheri:
Her website l Facebook l Twitter
#JoyfulCourage10 - Holiday Edition
The #JoyfulCourage10 - Holiday Edition is a powerful opportunity to stay more intentional and grounded during the coming holiday season. Click here to find out more and to register.
Help to spread the word!
The goal for this month is 15,000 downloads of the podcast! Talk to your friends and family about the show and the value you find in listening in - then encourage them to do the same! Increasing the numbers makes is more sustainable and allows me to continue to have these epic parenting conversations!