"I WANT TO SUPPORT YOUR EFFORTS IN ANY WAY I CAN. YOUR WORK ETHIC, SUPPORT, AND KNOWLEDGE ARE IMPRESSIVE AND AN INTEGRAL PART OF OF MY LIFE AS A PARENT AND PERSON RIGHT NOW."
IF THE PODCAST MAKES A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR LIFE, IF IT IS SOMETHING YOU LOOK FORWARD TO EACH WEEK, CONSIDER BECOME A PATRON!
Today’s guest is Tosha Schore, known online as “Your Partner in Parenting Boys” and a mom of 3 boys. She partners with parents to help their boys thrive – teaching parents to practice self care, connect with their boys deeply to encourage open communication, coaching them to set limits in a loving way and to use play strategically in their parenting. Join us!
“My mission is to make a more peaceful world, one sweet boy at a time.”
“Parenting is difficult because to do it well you must look inside yourself; you need to know what makes you sore and what really pushes your buttons. Looking at oneself, really looking inside is a challenge, the thing is, the consequence of not looking at oneself is even worse.”
“If we want to guide our children well, we have to first look at our own stories.”
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- The value of getting ourselves into “good parenting shape” and listening to each other non-judgmentally to ease frustration
- The importance of boys being able to feel their feelings and avoid the “boiling pot” – embracing the body’s natural way to heal from our hurts
- What keeps parents from feeling like it’s ok for their boys to feel their feelings?
- Learning to be unattached to your child’s reactions to limits
- The impact of isolation on the parenting experience
- Stereotypes of masculinity and how they impact emotional intimacy
- How to transition your boys from exhibiting aggressive behaviors to being more calm and increasing accountability by reducing fear
- The importance of not losing sight of your boy’s goodness despite poor behavior
- Working towards discipline from a place of connection
- The value of being curious about what’s underneath anger
- How to parenting in a way that honors the developing brain
- Addressing off-track behaviors through connection and taking a proactive approach
- Helping kids handle the pressure to save face
- Techniques to address separation anxiety
- How to set healthy limits in a loving way while creating safe spaces for exploration
- Supporting boys through loudness and recognizing it for what it is
What does Joyful Courage mean to you?
“Working in this life for what you feel is important – being you. Courage means being me and supporting my children and the people I know to be them fully. There’s nothing more joyful than being real and full and who you are and the gift you have to give.”
Positive Discipline – Jane Nelsen
Listen – 5 simple tools to meet your everyday parenting challenges – Tosha Schore & Patty Wipfler
Where to find Tosha:
Join the Joyful CourageTribe in our community Facebook group - Live and Love with Joyful Courage. Raising our children while growing ourselves...
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to the Joyful Courage Podcast on iTunes to get the latest shows STRAIGHT to your device!! AND PLEASE rate and review the Joyful Courage Parenting Podcast on iTunes to help me spread the show to an ever larger audience!!