Welcome! I’m excited to introduce you to my guest today! Sandy Blackard is an award-winning author and parenting coach. As the mother of two grown daughters, Sandy reached a frantic point in her own parenting challenges that led to the passion she has for helping parents acquire tools and tips that bring SUCCESS! She’s here to share her wisdom with us, so join us!
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- How “play therapy” set Sandy on her course
- What does “Say what you see” really mean?
- Listening, interacting, and retraining how you see the world
- Name that strength
- Acknowledgement vs. Praise
- The transformation of a rule-breaker
- Powerlessness vs. perceived helplessness
- A child’s three basic needs: experience, connection, and power
- How to negotiate power struggles
- How to handle whining
- Downstairs and Upstairs Brain
- Modeling authenticity
- Aligning the child in their greatness
- What does “joyful courage” mean to you? “Courage comes when I’m facing a challenge. It’s a reminder of what’s waiting on the other side of the challenge.”
Say What You See by Sandy Blackard
Find Sandy on Facebook and Twitter
Be The Best Parent You Can Be
If you’ re a parent and interested in learning parenting techniques from leading experts, then you’ ll want to attend the BE THE BEST PARENT YOU CAN BE – 2016 FREE Online Event! The summit will feature 20+ of the leading experts in the field of parenting, free of charge! Sign up today and be on your way to becoming a your best self!! #bethebestparent SIGN UP HERE
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to the Joyful Courage Podcast on iTunes to get the latest shows STRAIGHT to your device!! AND PLEASE rate and review the Joyful Courage Parenting Podcast on iTunes to help me spread the show to an ever larger audience!!