Join the Joyful Courage Tribe in our community Facebook group - Live and Love with Joyful Courage. Raising our children while growing ourselves...
Dedication to the Conscious Dad who sent in feedback about being excluded. I am so grateful to know that there are dads out there that are enjoying my content!! Big thanks to this dad and all dads that are listening to the show.
- Thank you, listeners!!
- Honored to serve you…
- Mother’s Journey recap – Seattle, Portland, Boise
- Orange County, East Hampton, St. Paul – 2018 Mother’s Journey locations
- Boldly Embody Life – Krista Petty Raimer, Grace, Elevate
- When I am a yes to trusting, surrender and presence is already there
- Visioning for 2018
Thank you, Lovepop!
Enjoy a discount when you buy 5 or more cards and free shipping on all orders when you go to www.lovepop.com/joyful
Personal Responsibility and Natural Consequences
- Natural consequences are what happens when we stay out of the way – they occur when we let things unfold
- What do we want most for our kids? What are our desired outcomes for this whole process of parenting?
- Reference to a poll on my personal FB page
- Who lets their 14 year old daughter hang out in her room with her boyfriend?
- Two lists activity from Positive Discipline class
- The only place that our kids can develop life skills is inside of experience… and in relationship with a healthy adults supports that as well…
- Their experiences inspire and inform future decisions
- There is a lot learning that we are robbing our children of because we are getting in the way
- Parents internal experience takes over
- Mindfulness matters when we are supporting our kids in developing personal responsibility
- Natural consequences happens when adults don’t get in the way
- This is a dance – boundaries are respectful kids need them, we need them
- Kids need to feel the tension
- Mistakes allow natural consequences – when we let them feel the consequences that show up, that we aren’t IMPOSING there is lots of room to learn
- Example – homework
- Help them to expand their perspective of what THEY want
- Check your assumptions… and check in with your child
- Humans LONG to be listened to, seen
- Kids learn personal responsibility through experiencing having the opportunity to BE personally responsible
- What matters is the relationship – bonded in unconditional love and mutual respect
- Allow the natural consequence the power that they have
- Our kids want to feel connected, as though they matter and that they have influence
- Tools: co-creating routines and agreements, loosen up, ask questions, check your unspoken messaging, family meetings
- We all want our kids to grow into cooperative, contributing adult living good lives
- What already exists when they make mistakes is powerful!
Coming up next week – talking with Robin Sabbag about raising a teen daughter.
Sign up for the newsletter – www.joyfulcourage.com
Joyful Courage SHIRTS!!
Women cut tanks and tees are ready for you to BUY NOW!! Wearable reminders for how you want to show up in the world.
Get yours now à http://www.joyfulcourage.com/jcshirts
DAILY INTENTION CARDS
What do you think about the Daily Intention Cards??? These cards are designed to support you in your conscious, intentional parenting practice.
Get yours now – http://www.joyfulcourage.com/intentioncards
Just one more way to step into your intention practice. These bracelets each carry a message that was requested by our community for forwarding and strengthening our parenting.
Get yours now - http://www.joyfulcourage.com/mantra-bracelets/
Be a Subscriber
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to the Joyful Courage Podcast on iTunes to get the latest shows STRAIGHT to your device!! AND PLEASE rate and review the Joyful Courage Parenting Podcast on iTunes to help me spread the show to an ever larger audience!!
CLICK HERE to watch a video that shows up how to subscribe with your iPhone!